- 1 cup flour
- 4 cups dashi (or water)
- 4 eggs
- pinch of baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 100 grams pre-cooked octopus, cut into 1-cm cubes
- 1/4 cup red pickled ginger
- 1/4 cup tenkasu (or rice crispies)
- 1/4 cup konnyaku, cut into 1-cm cubes
- 1/4 cup scallions, roughly chopped
- dried bonito flakes
- aonori (finely-ground seaweed)
- Combine the batter ingredients in a bowl.
- Heat the takoyaki skillet and brush lightly with oil.
- Do a test run of four two five takoyaki balls to adjust the batter’s thickness. Fill each indentation with batter and then drop in a piece of octopus, followed by a few pieces of each of the rest of the ingredients.
- Once the bottom is cooked, carefully turn with a thin skewer or a butter knife.
- Keep turning the dumplings until they are round and crisp on the outside but still undercooked at the center.
- Remove to a serving dish and brush lightly with sauce, then sprinkle with katsuo and aonori.
takoyaki tuh apew??? makanan jepon la.. bawah ni pix ye. sumpah sdap.kt mane2 pon ade.